Thursday, March 12, 2015

Be Aware: Blogger Security Breach

Hello,

Unfortunately, as some of my followers might have noticed, there has been a breach of security on my Blogger account. On March 7th at approximately 11:57 PM, an unknown assailant obtained access to my account, changed my blog's web address, and proceeded to write slanderous posts under my name, accusing me of embezzlement and voter fraud, amongst other such claims. In addition, almost all of my previous posts from January 2015 and earlier have been deleted, replaced by the messages I'm sure all of you have seen by now. Unfortunately, I have been unable to restore the deleted posts or remove some of the politically-charged material on the site, as the assailant has removed my site administrator privileges. I am still able to post, but I am no longer in charge of the site. Strange, seeing as I created the site...

The person responsible for the attack is unknown at this time, but the situation is apparently under control for now. I have been informed that personal data of followers, such as email addresses, passwords to Google-owned sites like Blogger, and usernames may have been stolen. If any of my followers receive any suspicious-looking emails that appear to come from me, or are spam, do not open the message. Delete it and do not respond. Neither I nor anyone in the US Senate will ever send you an email asking for personal data, usernames, or passwords.

For more information about scams, cyber security, and data protection online, or to report any sort of fraud, please visit the following sites:
- R. S. Pinne, US Senator

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, Religious Motifs, Blogger related hacking, and a person trying to make someone look bad...
    Yeah, Fear Trouble.
    Mr. Pinne, your a political and governmental man presume (I wouldn't know, you don't exist in my universe), so I suggest you try to get in contact with the Supernatural Threat Analysis Bureau (particularly SMSC) and say you have a potential Alpha Romeo problem, or Charlie Hotel problem, or Mike Romeo problem.

    ~Dante Roan

    ReplyDelete